Saturday, September 22, 2012

New Garden Addition

Last Sunday, Sept. 16 was the 30th annual Harvest of the Arts in Wellington so after a nice Fall walk at the Wellington Metro Park, Joe and I drove on into Wellington to see the crafts and art works brought in by artists from around Ohio. We were really impressed with the many new creations, especially those made out of  'found' objects. I just wanted to buy one of each! As it was, I ended up with just one item that I fell in love with and he just screamed out, "Take me home to your garden!" So I bought him and here he is making his grand debut! He is a 15 inch praying mantis made by Jeff Dettling of Bellevue, Ohio! I love him because he is made out of  some very unique items. His body is a giant screw, his eyes are bolts, his legs are nails and nail spikes, and  his wings are dinner knives! He has been powdered coated so that he can stay in the garden to greet our guests and he won't rust away.

Now we just need to give him a name. We would love it if anyone would like to submit a name for him or her.  Just go to Facebook or the Blog here to leave your suggestions. We'll send the person with the winning name a Hallauer House coffee mug.

And I want to thank all of the crafters. Keep showing all of those unique items! Maybe Pinterest is inspiring new businesses!

No comments: