Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Change in the Suite!





The last few days have been very busy as we revamped the Suite in between guest visits. It was a challenge but we got it done! I want to share the new look on the Blog before I go in and change the website pictures.


The new addition is a queen mahogany sleigh bed set against the fabric padded wall. And I must say that it is a very, very, heavy bed! Joe and I carried each piece up the antique staircase. The side rails and the foot board were easy, no sweat, but that massive head board was a weight lifter's challenge! After some twisting, heaving, sweating, and hoping that the new guest didn't arrive early, we finally got it upstairs and into the room. And believe me when I say that it will stay there forever! Here are some pictures of the 'new bed!'

There will also be another change coming as I plan to remove the louvered shades and replace them with a pull curtain. Casement windows are a challenge when it comes to window coverings as in many cases they are meant to be cover free. So to offer privacy and light filtering we opted with the louvered blinds but I've never really thought that they look right. So I'm working on a new concept. Stay tuned for that unveiling later!

The Mason/Dixon Suite has become our most asked for room! You will enjoy it!

No comments: