Friday, February 19, 2010

The "Unicorn" in Grafton



Oberlin is energised this weekend! There are voice auditions, string auditions, and recitals taking place causing long waits at all of the restaurants in town. So Joe and I decided to venture east to a little town in Lorain County called Grafton, home to the Irish restaurant called "The Unicorn."

And it is truly Irish! We sat in the Pub area instead of the more formal restaurant section where we were immediately greeted by our server. We sipped on our Killian Red beers while we enjoyed a cup of New England Clam Chowder. Having skipped lunch we were in need of some quick nourishment! The chowder was divine, the beer cold and wet, and the bread warm and heavenly!

The wait for our entrees was very short and after the first bite I knew that I had made the right decision! My special consisted of a small Fillet Mignon served alongside Salmon Bearnaise on a bed of rice pilaf. Both were cooked perfectly and they absolutely melted in my mouth! Delicious! Joe enjoyed the Friday fish fry special with a baked potato and cole slaw and I had to share some steak with him! We were both more than satisfied with the atmosphere, the service, and the taste and presentation of the food! Excellent!

So when you come to visit Oberlin, if you want to experience a true Irish Pub/Restaurant in the heart of Lorain County, go no further than "The Unicorn," only a short 15 minute drive from the B & B. And as I write this, I realized that I failed to pick up a menu for our collection so I guess I will have to go back for a return visit! Yeah!

No comments: