Friday, March 20, 2009

Get Ready for Spring and Great Golfing!





To all of you reading this I have to ask - do you play golf? Well, I never have. That is in real life. But I have played golf on my new WII!!!! The WII Sport version that is! And boy am I bad!!! I hit the ball in the water, in the sand, in the weeds and usually end up with the voice telling me that I have 10 strokes and my time is up! But I have to say that the graphics on the golf courses are absolutely beautiful! So if I did play golf, I would want to play on a course like WII!


Here in Lorain County we do have a very special golf course! Lorain County Metro Parks has its very own, highly rated, golf course and it is only about 10 minutes from Hallauer House B & B! Now like I said earlier, Joe and I don't play golf, but we have heard from friends that game fees can be pretty expensive at a lot of courses. So when I saw the fee schedule for Forest Hills Golf Course, I thought they sounded pretty reasonable. See if you agree.

Current Rates 9 Holes & 18 Holes
Weekdays $11.00 $18.00
Seniors (62+) $7.00 $11.50
Juniors (15 & under) $7.00 $11.50
Weekends & Holidays $12.50 $20.00

Saturday & Sunday Specials: 9 Holes - $9.00 after 5:00 P.M.

There are also weekday and weekend specials for those wanting golf carts. The course offers a flood rate of $8.00 for 9 holes which are always open and there is a special winter rate from November through March.

Another really super thing about this Metro Park golf course is the brand new CLUBHOUSE! It is newly opened and includes a restaurant along with a large porch that is great for relaxing as you watch the golfers navigate on hole #10!


Forest Hills Colf Course is an 18-hole course that is owned and operated by Lorain County Metro Parks and is rated as an intermediate course, but good for experienced golfers and beginners alike. The Black River winds through the course and is a challenge on six different holes. Then you have the ponds, bunkers, and hills and hole #16 which has been voted the hardest hole in Lorain County! What more can you ask for!!!


The facility is available for tournaments, outings, and family and friend events. Complete information can be found on their website at http://www.golftheforest.com/ or by calling 440-323-2632. These pictures show the winter scene so imagine what beauty there is in the spring and summer scene!




So if you are a golfer go ahead and plan that getaway to Lorain County, Ohio. On our website's Attraction page, we have listed quite a few additional courses which means you can golf at a different course each day of your stay! And remember that Hallauer House B & B is only 10 to 30 minutes from each and every one! Come for a visit! You know you want to! And you won't be disappointed!

No comments: